- Winter 2013 Registration Form
- Main Company – Payment Plan (Fall 2012)
- Teen Company – Payment Plan (Fall 2012)
- 2012 Parents’ Survey
Fall 2012 Class Schedule
Main Company Fall Classes start September 8th, 2012.
Main Company class times are as follows:
|5-7||10:15am – 11:15am or 11:30am-12:30pm|
|7-10||10:15am – 11:15am or 11:30am-12:30pm|
|10-12||10:15am – 11:15am or 11:30am-12:30pm|
|13+||10:15am – 12:30pm|
Main Company Important Dates
|Sat. 9/8||First day of classes|
|Sat. 10/6||Auditions for The Poisoned Apple (Main Co)||11:00 -2:00 pm|
|Sat. 10/13||Cast lists up for The Poisoned Apple|
|Sat. 10/13||Packets (scripts, rehearsals) out for The Poisoned Apple|
|Sat. 10/13||Parent Meeting for Main Co Show||12:30 – 1:00 pm|
|Tue. 10/23||First rehearsal for The Poisoned Apple (no parents)||6:00 – 9:00 pm|
|Sat. 11/10||Last regular class/parents attend|
|12/1 – 12/5||Tech week – Main Company|
|Thu. 12/6||School Performances||9:45 am and 12:15 pm|
|Sat. 12/8||Public Performances||2:00 and 5:00 pm|
|Sun. 12/9||Public Performances||2:00 and 5:00 pm|
|Sat. 1/5||Registration for Spring 2013||10:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Sat. 1/12||Main Company classes start for Spring 2013|
Teen Company Important Dates
|Sat. 8/25||Registration for Teen Co||9:30-10:00 am|
|Sat. 8/25||First day of classes||10:00-12:00 pm|
|Sat. 9/1||Auditions for The Best Haunted House Ever!||1:00 -3:00 pm|
|Sat. 9/8||Cast lists up for The Best Haunted House Ever!|
|Tue. 9/11||First rehearsal for BHH||6:00 – 9:00 pm|
|10/14 – 10/18||Tech week!|
|Fri. 10/19||Performance||7:00 pm|
|Sat. 10/20||Performances||2:00 and 7:00 pm|
|Tue. 10/23||First rehearsal for The Poisoned Apple|
|12/1 – 12/8||Tech week and performances for The Poisoned Apple|
|Sat. 1/5||Teen Company classes start for Spring 2013|
Rehearsal “Quick Look” for Fall 2012
In addition to classes, your child will have the option to audition for and be in our fall production of The Poisoned Apple. Here are some things you’ll want to know about the average process:
- Auditions take place October 6, 2012. Your child should show up early to class (30 minutes early is ideal) to audition, or they can stay after class to audition. Note: Students in the 5-6 year old class will audition during class.
- The teacher will help prep your child for auditions, but you should help your child with audition prep.
- Your child needs to have a 30-60 second monologue (Definition: a short speech as a character) prepared for the audition. Memorization is highly recommended but not required.
- You will fill out a yellow card with your child’s information before he/she auditions. They must give it to Aimee or her stage manager before they audition. Write down any known conflicts with rehearsals!!
- Please note on the card who the child carpools with, so Aimee can try to not split up carpools or families between Cast A and B.
Before Rehearsals Begin
- The cast list will be posted October 13, 2012.
- Depending on the amount of children who audition, we may have a Cast A and Cast B. We do this in order to ensure every child is given adequate stage time. There is no “greater” or “lesser” cast. Older and younger, more experienced and less experienced kids will be in both casts.
- You will be given a rehearsal folder with your child’s script, the rehearsal schedule, and papers you will need to go over—some will need to be filled out.
- After classes have concluded for the day on October 13, Aimee will conduct a 30 minute parent meeting to discuss the papers in the folder and to take any questions. If you cannot attend the meeting, please email Aimee with any questions or concerns at email@example.com.
The Rehearsal Process
- Rehearsals begin October 23, 2012. Most of the rehearsal process is Tuesday and Thursday evenings as well as Saturdays after classes (with a lunch break). Rehearsals can be as short as 1 hour, and as long as 2 hours, during this time. Saturdays may be a bit longer. No rehearsals over Thanksgiving weekend.
- Tech week begins Saturday, December 1st, and runs through the performances. We rehearse every day that week. Rehearsals are 6:00-9:00. It’s a tiring time, but Aimee and her teams are doing everything they can to be orderly and efficient so you and your child has a good experience.
- On December the 6th, we bring in schools to see the play during the school day. Your child will be missing half a day of school for this. We have forms to send to your school to inform them of this.
- On December the 8 and 9, we have public performances. Again, if we split the casts, each cast will have one showing per day. Your child will need to come to the theatre about 90 minutes before his/her performance.